The renovation of this existing 7,200 square-foot hall and a 1,250 square-foot addition created more indoor dining as well as an intimate outdoor café. The project also included significant modifications to the commercial kitchen, which previously lacked the capacity and organization to accommodate increasing demand. The new dining area draws on the industrial background of the building, which was erected in 1896, as a manufacturing space. By displaying the exposed structure of the historic building, its original character and purpose was incorporated into the modern design. The centerpiece of the new layout is an interior canopy, which was created to break the large volume into smaller, more compartmentalized dining areas.