St. Mary’s Home was built in 1936 for the Sisters of Mercy and orphaned girls of Savannah. The home closed its doors in 2010 and remained vacant waiting for a renewed purpose. The Diocese of Savannah began planning to bring all of their ministries and offices under the roof of this incredible building to honor the memory and service of the St. Mary’s Home. The project called for an adaptive reuse that creatively transformed residential spaces into offices and conference spaces. Special care was taken in the chapel to preserve the exquisite stained glass and to create a place of worship that welcomes all.